Hapoel Tel Aviv, Maccabi Haifa & Maccabi Tel Aviv all win! Israel Football MD20 Highlights & Recaps!

Maccabi Haifa defeated Bnei Yehuda 3-1 at Bloomfield Stadium to keep pace with Maccabi Tel Aviv. The Greens took the lead in the 27th minute thanks to an own goal by Matan Baltaxa and Yuval Ashkenazi doubled the advantage four minutes later as the visitors went into the second half ahead 2-0. Ariel Lazmi pulled goal back in the 82nd minute but Nikita Rukavytsya scoured a brilliant marker in injury time to give Marko Balbul’s squad a 3-1 win.

Maccabi Tel Aviv dropped Ashdod 2-0 at Bloomfield Stadium as the yellow-and-blue continued their fine play and remained in first place. Omer Atzily gave Vladimir Ivic’s side a 1-0 lead in the 34th minute while Yonatan Cohen added Maccabi’s second goal of the game via a 78th minute penalty kick to take all three points.

Hapoel Tel Aviv defeated Hapoel Kfar Saba 2-1 at the Moshava Stadium as the Reds continued their winning ways under head coach Nir Klinger. Ben Reichert opened the scoring as the midfielder nodded home a Luwagga Kizito cross to grab an early 1-0 lead. However, Moti Barshazki pulled Tel Aviv even just eight minutes later as his off balance attempt trickled behind Greens keeper Itamar Israeli. Right before the break the tide continued to turn towards the Reds as Gershon Koffie and Noam Gamon each were issued red cards leaving Kfar Saba with just nine men for the balance of the contest. Maor Bozaglo took advantage of the extra men for Hapoel Tel Aviv as he slammed home a Stefan Spirovski scorcher to give the Reds a 2-1 victory and the three points.

Hapoel Haifa hosted Hapoel Raanana to an entertaining 2-2 draw at Sammy Ofer Stadium. Yoav Tomer gave the visiting Raanana squad a 1-0 lead when his 33rd minute long distance attempt went right through keeper Jasmin Buric’s legs. Ido Levy doubled the advantage right before halftime as he headed in a corner kick for Niso Avitan’s squad. But the hosts came storming back in the second half as Guy Mishpati cut the lead in the 61st minute when keeper Assaf Tzur couldn’t stop his header and ten minutes later Jakub Sylvestr scored the equalizer as the sides split the points.

Hapoel Beer Sheva and Kiryat Shemona played to a goalless draw in the northern capital. The referee stopped the game in the 74th minute for five minutes due to racist chants by Beer Sheva fans towards Kiryat Shemona players Marcus Diniz and James Adeniyi.

Beitar Jerusalem slipped by Sektzia Nes Tziona 1-0 at Teddy Stadium as Ofir Kriaf scored a 6th minute goal to give Roni Levy’s squad the 3-points.

Guy Melamed notched a 73rd minute penalty to hand Maccabi Netanya a 1-0 hard earned victory over Hapoel Hadera.

Sign up for our newsletter


You may also like…


Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates. 

You have Successfully Subscribed!