Israel Premier League MD34 Recaps & Highlights

May 16, 2019 | Uncategorized

Maccabi Tel Aviv blanked Maccabi Netanya 3-0 to get back onto the winning track as the Yellow & Blue were awarded the Championship Plate at the Official League ceremony following the game. Itay Shechter opened the scoring in the 34th minute when he headed the ball past Netanya keeper Dani Amos thanks to a pinpoint perfect pass by Yonatan Cohen. Dor Peretz found the back of the goal for his 8th marker of the campaign with a laser beam from the top left of the box to double Vladmir Ivic’s side’s advantage while Dan Glezer scored his first goal in a Maccabi uniform during second half injury time to secure the win and the 3-points.

Hapoel Beer Sheva crept closer to locking up a Europa League qualifying place with a 3-2 win over Bnei Yehuda at the Moshava Stadium. The host’s took a 1-0 lead in the 25th minute when Shay Konstantin scored a magnificent free kick beating Beer Sheva keeper Ohad Levita. But Barak Bachar’s squad quickly found the equalizer just four minutes later when Hatem Abed Alhamid raced into the box and found the far corner of Emilais Zubas’s goal. Beer Sheva completed the comeback in the 35th minute as Ben Sahar gave the visitor’s a 2-1 advantage while Maor Melikson added a third goal in the 71st minute. Bnei Yehuda pulled a goal back eight minutes later via a Dor Jan penalty but it wasn’t enough to find a point as Beer Sheva took home the victory.

Maccabi Petah Tikva will join Bnei Sakhin in the Leumit League next season after falling to Hapoel Tel Aviv 2-0 at the Moshava Stadium. The defeat coupled with wins by Kiryat Shemona and Ashdod will send Petah Tikva down a division for the first time in 6 years. Shahar Hirsch opened the scoring for the Reds and Joseph Gande beat Tzahi Gigi in second half injury time to seal Guy Luzon’s club’s fate.

Ashdod staved off relegation as the Port City side defeated Hapoel Haifa 1-0 on the final matchday of the relegation playoffs. Obeida Khattab scored a 9th minute goal off a 25 meter free kick by Dean David beating the Carmel Reds keeper Ernestas Setkus to record the victory and remain in Israel’s top flight for another season.

Kiryat Shemona also will play in the Premier League next season after beating Bnei Sakhnin 2-0. Levi Garcia found the back of the goal in the 25th minute for the northern squad while Idan Nachmias added an insurance goal four minutes later to live to fight another campaign in the top division.

Beitar Jerusalem ended a topsy-turvy season with a 2-1 win at Hapoel Raanana. After a goalless first half Antony Varenne scored in the 48th minute off a Yakov Brihen corner kick, however, Raanana drew even in the 75th minute as Eugene Ansah beat Itamar Nitzan. But just four minutes later Varenne completed his brace to send Beitar into the offseason with a win.

Hapoel Hadera blanked Maccabi Haifa 2-0 as Niso Aviran’s squad recorded their second Championship Playoff win over the Greens. Maxim Gretchkin Round the back of the goal in the 18th minute as Eylon Almog assisted on his marker. In the 32nd minute Haifa’s Muhammad Awad was issued a red card for spitting on Hadera’s Yahav Gordinkel leaving Marko Balbul’s squad with just ten men. Eden Kartsev took full advantage of his 64th minute opportunity to beat keeper Guy Haimov and hand Hadera the 2-0 win.

Sign up for our newsletter


You may also like…


Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates. 

You have Successfully Subscribed!